Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today's Drag Racing News

News
Racing champion from Northampton goes to Tennessee
BBC News
A Northamptonshire girl who won a European drag racing championship is going to race in Tennessee. Paige Wheeler, 12, from Wellingborough, has been invited to the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) event this July. Paige will be part of the R2B2 team ...
See all stories on this topic »

BBC News

In the real world NHRA's race broadcasts would've been canceled long ago
Drag Racing Online Magazine
Actually, I have no problem with that, since I have resigned myself to the reality that NHRA drag racing at all levels is operated strictly as a "for profit" business. So I am left scratching my head in wonderment as I try to understand why the ...
See all stories on this topic »
Free Admission To American Drag Racing League (ADRL) Safety-Kleen Spring Drags ...
Autochannel (press release)
JUPITER, April 12, 2011: Some of the most powerful 3000-horsepower, pro modified drag racing machines exceeding 200 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds, take center stage in eighth-mile competition at Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) on April 15-16. ...
See all stories on this topic »

Autochannel (press release)
NHRA's four-wide form guide
Racer
Below is a quick reference guide that will help answer questions about the special rules, race procedure and configuration for four-wide drag racing NHRA style. Lanes are referred to in numerical order from left facing downtrack (outermost left lane is ...
See all stories on this topic »

Racer
Delta's star racer seriously injured in motorbike crash
The Province
By Sarah Douziech, The Province April 12, 2011 Canada's drag-racing community is reeling after a top racer from Delta was seriously injured in Nashville when he was thrown from his motorcycle Saturday night. Shawn Cowie, 29, lost control of his Harley ...
See all stories on this topic »
Hey Jeff, I know the answers! Ask me, ask me!
Drag Racing Online Magazine
I have had a desire to make drag racing better for over 30 years. Have I revolutionized the sport? Not really. Have I made a difference? I definitely think I have. Let's start on some answers to Jeff's questions from his last "Just Wondering" editorial ...
See all stories on this topic »
Alexis DeJoria Interview
Drag Racing Online Magazine
As a businesswoman and dedicated racer, she is someone sure to make her mark in drag racing. Darr Hawthorne had a chance to sit down with her at the Las Vegas race. National event. I was sixteen years old and went with a and raced them back in those ...
See all stories on this topic »
Bakersfield Recap
Drag Racing Online Magazine
So as I write this my wife is driving the family trickster and we're headed across South Dakota to see the World's Largest Ball of Yarn, Wall Drug and then the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore -- and what does this have to do with nostalgia drag racing and ...
See all stories on this topic »
Cobbitty crew on show at Eastern Creek
Camden Advertiser
COBBITTY-based drag-racing team Niteshift Motorsport recently took part in exhibition races at Sydney Dragway, Eastern Creek. The team's owners, husband and wife Chris and Kylie Stipanovics, said the three races were a feature of the Australian ...
See all stories on this topic »