Thursday, April 29, 2010

HIGHT ENJOYS PITCH AND NIGHT AT BUSCH STADIUM


ST. LOUIS (April 29, 2010) --- Last night 2009 NHRA Funny Car champion Robert Hight had the honor of throwing out the ceremonial first pitch before the Cardinals vs. Braves game at Busch Stadium. The Cards took the win 6-0 and Hight is hoping that the streaking Cards - four wins in a row - will bring his Auto Club Ford Mustang some luck this weekend at Gateway International Raceway.

“It was really cool to be on the field before the game. I loved watching both teams warm up and get some tips from their coaches. It reminded me of the talks (crew chief) Jimmy (Prock) and I have before we fire up my Auto Club Ford Mustang. I want to thank AAA Missouri for hosting our group last night. There were about ten of us including NHRA announcer Bob Frey who is a big baseball fan like me,” said Hight.

“The Auto Club organization is a great group. I was able to spend some time with guys like John McQueen, Rick Lalor, Mike Gavin and Jeff Bont who do so much in the marketing and PR areas. I want to thank them as well as all the people that support Auto Club all across the country. Throwing out the first pitch was great and it was an experience I will never forget.”

Hight will get his first chance to show off his horsepower tomorrow at the AAA Missouri NHRA Midwest Nationals when qualifying begins at 4 p.m.