Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bill's Notes

Good afternoon, everyone. I am on my OLD five year old Dell and trying to get used to a smaller, curved monitor. Why? Because after two weeks of getting behind because the Outlook was messed on my relatively NEW Dell laptop, the freakin' WIRELESS CARD went out on it and I'm dead in the water! That's right... all the websites, etc., are all on that computer and I have no connectivity to get them updated. So while I deal with Dell (hope I'm still under warranty -- I think so), I'm on my good old machine and finally got caught up on all the backdated Draglist and Dragblog updates. I'm super happy in that the fine folks at my hosting company -- www.digitaloffice.com -- got me all set up with my PRIMARY draglist email on gmail before I went to Dinwiddlie last weekend. So at least I'm no longer tied to the laptop (or anywhere) for my primary email. I LOVE it... it's really freed me up (and has let me keep working this weekend).

Also, gotta go car shopping because Denise got rear ended last week in our THIRD Grand Caravan (two lost to accidents and one to electrical gremlins)... It was a total and luckily for us, the payoff will cover what we still owe on the thing. Gotta go shopping and I've already dispatched brother Tim (the service manager at a car dealership in Annapolis) to look for a clean one or two year old replacement. Sheesh...

Also got Brian working hard on the new display and calculation scheme for the drag lists... it will be amazing, but frankly only for the truly hard core numbers freaks. But this is MY race car, and it's like buying a new blower or something...  LOL

I regret not going to ADRL Richmond this weekend, but only because I missed seeing Bret. I'll catch up with him soon, but I was happy to finally get some rest and to catch up with the backlogged flood of info that needed to be published on draglist... bp