The Kentucky Motorsports Hall of Fame has announced that its 2012 induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 11, at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.
The ceremony, the hall's fifth annual such event, will begin at 2:00 p.m. Central time, 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
Members of the 2012 class are:
- Allan and Donald Barker of Louisville, Sports Car Club of America road racing champions.
- Collings Downes Sr. and Jr. of Louisville, APBA and NHRA champions.
- Butch Krieger of Louisville, drag racing and tractor pull announcer.
- Joseph Reynolds (Joie) Ray Jr. of Louisville, ground-breaking oval track sprint car racer.
- John Potts of London, long-time track and sanctioning body official.
- Tommy Thompson of Louisville, NASCAR pioneer driver and oval track owner.
- Darrell Waltrip of Owensboro, three-time NASCAR champion.
- Wayne and Jim Williams of Valley Station, drag strip builders and operators.
- Woosley, Sharp and Reynolds of Winchester, NHRA championship dragster team.
Info kentuckymotorsportshalloffame.com or 502 937 9781