Friday, December 09, 2011
2nd Annual Fan Choice Awards Set to Launch Monday
Winners, based entirely on fan voting, will be revealed on NHRA’s Facebook page, one category per day, Dec. 26-30
GLENDORA, Calif. (Dec. 9, 2011) — As a way of embracing the voice of one of the most engaged and passionate fan bases in sports, and reliving so many of the great moments from NHRA’s unforgettable 60th anniversary season, NHRA is set to launch the Second Annual “NHRA Fan Choice Awards,” a year-end recognition of outstanding performance as voted on exclusively by NHRA fans.
The Second Annual NHRA Fan Choice Awards will once again include five categories and fan voting will be conducted over the course of two weeks, from Monday, Dec. 12 to Thursday, Dec. 22, on NHRA.com. The winners will be announced over the course of the final five weekdays of the year, Dec. 26-30, on NHRA’s Facebook page to allow fans the chance to immediately react to/debate the outcome of each category.
In addition to being invited to exclusively select these year-end honors, NHRA fans who participate in the voting will be automatically entered into a drawing to win two final eliminations tickets to the race of their choosing. They will also be given a coupon code to save $2 off on the purchase of the just-released Wild Rides 2.
The five categories for the inaugural NHRA Fan Choice Awards are as follows:
· Story of the Year (voting on Monday Dec. 12-Tuesday, Dec. 13)
· Moment of the Year (Wednesday, Dec. 14-Thursday, Dec. 15)
· Upset of the Year (Friday, Dec. 16-Sunday, Dec. 18)
· Driver/Rider of the Year (Monday, Dec. 19-Tuesday, Dec. 20)
· Team of the Year (Wednesday, Dec. 21-Thursday, Dec. 22)
The winners will be announced, one per day in the same order they were voted upon, from Monday-Friday, Dec. 26-30.
The winners of the Inaugural Fan Choice Awards in 2010 were:
· Story of the Year: John Force’s comeback to win record 15th title
· Moment of the Year: Force def. Hagan in final round at LV2
· Upset of the Year: Rookie LE Tonglet wins Pro Stock Motorcycle title
· Driver/Rider of the Year: John Force
· Team of the Year: Castrol GTX Ford Mustang