Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Ray Allen 1970 LS6 Convertible Video

I recently sent out an SOS to one of my racing distribution lists, asking if anyone still had the link to the 2006 Barrett Jackson Auction at which Ray's 1970 LS6 Convertible, 'The Killer Car" was sold. A friend said he had the footage I was looking for, but it was an immense file, and he burn it onto a CD for me. He sent along the link below, which I had never seen. It is a really nice video commemorating the 35th Anniversary of the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale Arizona, and it features the Chevelle. I sent it out to that racing group, and thought I'd share it with this group as well. Enjoy. I was really happy for Ray. He'd actually sold the car to another racing guy, who finished the restoration, which was almost complete. It had been restored to showroom condition, since it was one of only a handful of such cars made by Chevrolet that year. They put the decals on it to make it look as it did when it was racing, so it appealed to both the 'originals' collector as well as the racing collector. Chip brought Ray out to Scottsdale, when he sold it, because no one could better talk about the car than the guy who drove it to the NHRA 1970 World Championship. Enjoy!

This is the email I sent to that racer's group. JA -- While this isn't the link I was originally looking for, it IS a great one from Barrett Jackson's 35th Anniversary in January 2006 and it features The Chevelle. That segment starts at 4:46 minutes into the video, for those who may not wish to view it from the beginning, although that wouldn't be a waste of time. As I said, this is a good video. There is a scroll bar (Yellow) directly under the video. When you put the mouse on it, it will expand upward, and you can see the minutes on the right side.
THANKS for sending this to me Lou! You're the best!

No comments: