SHAWVILLE, QUEBEC (January 7, 2011) – Veteran drag racer Tom Orr will not only return to the Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts for 2011 with his Top Sportsman entry, he will be heading up a two-car team with his son Lance driving a Top Dragster.
Orr explained he damaged the engine in the Stratus during the IHRA Nitro Jam event at Epping, NH late last year, but was able to take the runner-up spot in the Top Sportsman class.
He has also raced his Top Dragster with success, capping off his year in that car with a win in the Top Dragster Pro-Am event at Epping.
And now 20-year old Lance Orr will be behind the wheel of the Top Dragster for Quick 32 Sportsman Series competition.
"Everything is almost ready to go," he said. "We will be a two-car team."
Orr qualified at all Quick 32 Sportsman Series events he entered in 2010 with his Stratus had several quarter-round showings and a runner-up finish in the Top Sportsman Division.
His highlight of the season was being in seven final rounds in two different cars.
Bob Brown will continue to crew chief for the car, and Suzie Lance and Lance Orr make up the rest of the crew for the Top Sportsman entry.
Sponsors include Orr General Contracting, Orr Waste Services, Koffel's Place and Abruzzi Racing Transmissions and Torque Converters.
Orr said he was looking forward to getting back to the Quick 32 Sportsman Series.
"This is a good gig," he said about the Quick 32 Sportsman Series. "We're pretty well ready to get out there and race."